Homecoming Week

Homecoming+Week

Taylor Beam, Section Editor

Homecoming week is finally upon us! Thanks to Mrs. Hanna Cogar and Student Council Monday, March 1-Friday, March 5 will be Homecoming Week at LCHS.  

The theme this year is “LCHS: Where Dreams Come True”.  Members said that due to COVID guidelines, homecoming will be a bit different than normal,but they said they are happy LCHS gets to have the annual celebration–even if it is during the second semester.

Along with dress up days, each class will decorate a hallway, paint a bannerand every advisory will decorate their classroom door.

The annual Homecoming Court will be selected with students being able to sign up to be on the ballots on Schoology right now. Voting is slated to open up Tuesday, February 23.

The dress up days will be:  

Mickey Mouse Monday (3/1) -Dress in Mickey Mouse colors or wear your Mickey gear  

• Seniors-Wear black 
  • Juniors-Wear red 
  • Sophomores-Wear yellow 
  • Freshman-Wear white 

Super Tuesday (3/2) -Be incredible and dress like your favorite Supervillian or Superhero. Will we see Big Hero 6, Marvel characters, or Maleficent? You decide.  

Sleeping Beauty Wednesday (3/3) -This is a distance learning day. Attend your TEAMS meetings in your PJs and send in a photo to your Advisory teacher for points. 

Royal Thursday (3/4) -Be a prince or princess and dress in your formal wear. Do your makeup and hair and break out your favorite tie and top hat. A photographer will be at school to take your pictures in front of a backdrop (For FREE) Limit 4 people in the picture. 

Blue and Grey Friday (3/5) -Show your school spirit by wearing your school colors.  

Although there will be no pep rally or Powderpuff games this year, the spirit stick is still up for grabs! If you are a distance learner, you can still participate by sending your advisor a picture of you in your spirit day attire by 10:30 a.m. to help your class compete, and you can also be a part of the homecoming court.  

If you are interested in helping decorate your class hallway or paint your banner, contact your advisor for information.

Image preview

Image previewImage preview

Image preview