LCHS Theatre Competes at Marshall

Thespian+Trip

Doug Seckman

Thespian Trip

Brynlea Hinzman, Staff Reporter

Before spring break, the LCHS theatre students took a trip to Marshall University for the WV Thespian State Competition. The students stayed in Huntington for three days and two nights for the festival.

While there, students participated in workshops, watched performances from other schools, and performed themselves. The acts that made it to the festival were as follows:

The Bear by Anton Chekhov

• Asa Krinov as Smirnov
  • Fallyn Jennings as Popova
  • Emily Fallon as Luka
  • Cadence Haggerty as Gardener
  • Lucas Turner as Cook

Jealousy Jane by Lindsay Price

• Brynlea Hinzman as Jane
  • Chloe McCartney as Women Who Walks

Ring Round the Moon

• MaKenna West as Diana
  • Brooke Williams as Isabelle

Students said the trip was educational, exciting, a great new experience.

“It was a great experience. We did a lot of fun things and got to see people acting from other schools. My favorite part was seeing the Jealousy Jane act,” Cadence Haggerty, freshman, said.

“(It was) insightful and fun. My favorite thing was how nice the people were, and the hot tub was pretty nice too,” Asa Krinov, junior, said.

“It was an eye-opener to different types of theatre. Getting the Chloe (getting sick) was the most interesting part,” Chloe McCartney, sophomore, said.

Not only do the students have great memories from the trip to Marshall, but they also have a few awards to go along with it. “The Bear” won All Festival Cast and Best Three-Person Mob, “Jealousy Jane” won Outstanding Duo for Acting, and “Ring Round the Moon” won Outstanding Duo for Acting. 

“(It was) insightful and fun. My favorite thing was how nice people were, and the hot tub was pretty nice too,” Asa Krinov, junior, said. (Brynlea Hinzman)
“(It was) a 10/10 experience. My favorite part was seeing the other plays,” Morgan Hawkins, junior, said. (Brynlea Hinzman)
“It was an eye-opener to different types of theatre. Getting the Chloe (getting sick) was the most interesting part,” Chloe McCartney, sophomore, said. (Brynlea Hinzman)
“It was a great experience. We did a lot of fun things and got to see people acting from other schools. My favorite part was seeing the Jealousy Jane act,” Cadence Haggerty, freshman, said. (Brynlea Hinzman)
Thespian Trip (Doug Seckman)
Thespian Trip (Doug Seckman)
Thespian Trip (Cadence Haggerty)