First Scholastic Book Fair 2023 Underway

Books, books galore!

Through February 27-March 10 the LCHS Library is a makeshift bookstore as the first annual Scholastic Book Fair, under the direction of Librarian Diana Garrett, is underway.

Students say they are excited about both the set-up, and diversity of the goods available.

Library science students said most students are gravitating toward the Five Nights at Freddy’s section, and the assortment of novels, pens and other knick-knacks.

“We have not had the opportunity to hold one for a while, and it I felt that the students and staff needed a little extra excitement this year. And what better way to provide that than with a book fair?” Mrs. Diana Garrett, librarian, said.

Garrett added that she was pleased with the response of the students and staff, and that she hopes the book fair can become an annual event.

“If we meet our goal we can continue to have one each year, and as for the fair’s performance it most definitely exceeded my expectations. We had a great first day, and I hope it continues throughout the next two weeks.”

For more information and to see live updates and book sales, visit the Scholastic Book Fair hosted in the library or online. You’ll be able to both watch LCHS rack up book sales in live time, and browse/order from additional stock over at Scholastic.com/bf/lewiscountyhighschool.