LCHS Welcomes Foreign Exchange Students

Exchange students are not exactly new to LCHS; however, this year there are more than usual.

This year LCHS has exchange students from Germany, Italy, Brazil, China and Japan.

In order for these and other potential exchange students to be eligible to come to the U.S., they must fill out a series of paperwork.

“The process is very long, [it took] 2 ½ months to fill out paperwork, and I had to wait three more months to be chosen by a host family. To be an exchange student, you must be under 18, in high school, have good grades, and be of good health,” Beatriz de Malo, senior, said.

For the most part, students at LCHS have been very welcoming to the new students. “Something I really like about this place is [all of the] nature and the [many] wonderful and nice people,” Mayuko Domoto, junior, said.

image

Beatriz de Melo, senior, from Brazil.  “[The town] is pretty small.  My neighborhood had more people than the entire city.”

image

Fuka Kawaguchi, junior, from Japan.  “I wanted to learn English, and I wanted to [attend] new colleges.”

Kevin

Kevin de Mari, senior, from Italy.  “[It is] very hard not to hit a deer every morning.  It is a very small city.  I live in the second largest city in Italy.”

image

Olivia Pieczewski, senior, from Germany.  “I like the big space, bigger properties and [that there is only] one family per house.”

image

Raye Zhou, junior, from China.  “[I wanted to visit America] to learn about your culture and English.”

image

Mayuko Domoto, junior, from Japan.  “I wanted to [come to America to] experience American life and school[ing].”