A Haunting Good Time: Asylum Events in Full Swing

Beatriz de Melo Freitos, Staff Reporter

October in downtown Weston means fun, screaming and lots of scares as tourists from across the county, state and even country visit the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.

According to the Asylum’s website, a variety of activities are being offered including: Haunted House, Zombie Paintball, Flashlight Tours, Paranormal Tours and Ghost Hunts.  There will also be a fall festival.

The highly anticipated “Hysteria” Haunted House opened September 25 and will be open until the October 31.

Many LCHS students work at the Asylum either acting or conducting tours.

“It’s ten times bigger, plus scarier. It’s fun scare people, make them pee… You always have fun, you always learn something” – Brendon Stout, junior, said.

Junior Mary Clark agreed.

It’s an acting job. It’s a lot of work, but it’s really fun.

— Mary Clark, Junior

,” Clark said.

The Asylum features a number of events during October.  Start times vary for each event.  The “haunted” asylum event starts at dark with ghost tours continuing throughout the night.  For more information, visit: http://www.theasylumwv.com/#Dates

Written below is an excerpt taken from the website of the historic Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, located in downtown Weston.

“In the halls of what once was the area’s most reputable hospital, a demented doctor has brought his patients’ nightmares to life. Society’s undesirable souls have been abandoned in the dark recesses of this once safe haven. Their sole purpose is to serve the good doctor and his sadistic experiments. Scratching and clawing their way through their new existence, patients succumb to delirious visions before becoming one of the doctor’s creations. Can you survive a journey into the Asylum, where the veil between realities is twisted?”

Tickets are available online or at the Asylum.  Hysteria costs $20 for a 3-story tour.  Other costs are listed on the website.

The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum is sponsoring an array of activities this October.