Volunteer Firefighters Needed Locally

Fire Departments throughout Lewis County are in need of volunteer firefighters.

Firefighters throughout the county said they will provide training to any student interested in volunteering time and talent to the local departments.  All volunteers must be at least 16 years old.

“We are looking for motivated individuals to join our team,” Jane Lew Fireman Mitch Oldaker said.  The longtime fireman added, “We have membership available for individuals who do not want to participate in fire/rescue operations.”

Working at a volunteer fire department helps high school students build a resume and get much needed job experience. It also allows students the opportunity to help others and serve the community.

“If you have a desire to give back to your community and help your fellow citizens in their time of need, then we would like to speak with you,” Oldaker added in a recent Facebook post.

Volunteers are needed to do a variety of tasks–not just fighting fires.  Volunteers are needed to help with business and human resource management, financial management, building and repairs and maintenance, equipment and apparatus repairs and maintenance.

Immediate openings are available at Lewis County Fire Departments including: Jane Lew, Weston, Jackson’s Mill, Pricetown and Walkersville.

For more information contact each volunteer department or Kenny James 304-269-2349 or Mitch Oldaker 304-627-7380.