Faculty Spotlight: Week 1

Jerden Recognized by LCBOE for Service

Courtesy Jeff Tidd

Mrs. Sharon Jerden is presented a certificate of appreciation by Principal John Whiston in the Oct. 8 LCBOE meeting.

Long-time Student Council Adviser Mrs. Sharon Jerden was recognized by Dr. Robin Lewis and the the Lewis County Board of Education members for her decades of service to Lewis County High School.

Jerden has been an adviser for LCHS Student Council for numerous years.

Board members recognized Jerden in its regular board meeting October 8 for her organization of annual Homecoming festivities for the school and the Lewis County Community.

As adviser, Jerden helped organize numerous events for the week-long event–not just this year but for the past several years.  Each year, student council organizes the Homecoming parade, coronation, king/queen/court voting, thuse, spirit week, lunchtime competition and dance.

Though its a student-led effort, Jerden has been there for dozens of years to see that it gets done, and “it gets done right.”

She is the first one working and the last one cleaning up from the events.

In addition to Homecoming, Student Council is involved in numerous school and civic activities.

Under her leadership, thousands of dollars have been donated to needy individuals throughout the school and community.

They are actively involved in working with Honor Society for the Annual Mr. Shamrock and Miss Lass Competitions-a community event which has netted nearly a million dollars since its inception in 1996.

Student Council members visit Criss Manor and Crestview throughout the year. They prepare small gifts and treats for those they visit.

Members assisted with the Annual LCHS Hall of Fame Dinner earlier this month.

Jerden is married to Wayne Jerden who also lends his support to extracurricular events.  The Jerdens have two daughters, Vinessa Skinner and Dinessa McDougal and four grandchildren, Logan, Jared, Ian, and Ella.