Juuls on the Rise

Photo Courtesy of www.juuls.com

Juuls are a new vaping device. Its sleek style mimics the look of a storage device.

Taylor Beam

Juuls. It seems to be the hot topic throughout the school. Last week, many of these devices were confiscated throughout the school.

According to students, the use of these vaping devices is more widespread than thought. Students are jumping onto this trend without considering the long term consequences.

LCHS is not alone. Throughout the country, students have been buying Juuls and becoming addicted. Students are jumping in head first in the Juul trend, and it is a dangerous addition which seems harmless. Juuls are meant for adults who already smoked tobacco products and want an alternative to this vice.

“Nicotine is highly addictive. It’s unquestionable. And we do not want anyone who isn’t already using nicotine to use the Juuls.”Ashley Gould, the chief administrator officer of Juul, said in an interview with Buzzfeed News.

Although Juuls are safer than normal cigarettes, because of their ‘newness’ medical researchers cannot even accurately assess the damage it does to teenagers.

Teens think that it’s just vapor and nicotine they’re inhaling, but it’s also deadly toxins. Because of the high levels of nicotine, the body quickly becomes addicted.

Locally, the use of Juuls caused the school store to shut down which frustrated many students.