Student Council Visits Criss Manor

Delaney Gump

“Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of Love”

Mother Teresa

This famous Mother Teresa quote is exactly what Student Council members shared with residents living at Criss Manor.  Last Wednesday, October 26, the Student Council traveled to Criss Manor to surprise the tenants with hand-painted mason jars filled with candy.

Criss Manor is the seven-story high rise located between Main and Center Avenues in Weston.

“Although our visits to Criss Manor are valuable for many reasons,” said Mrs. Sharon Jerden, co-sponsor of Lewis County’s Student Council, “one of the most important things they offer is to show the residents that we care about them and think of them.”

img_59041

The tenants were ecstatic to find Student Council members at their door holding little pumpkins filled with candy.

img_58941

“Adopting the residents of the Criss Manor allows our students to provide once a month visits,” Mrs. Debbie Gump, co-sponsor of Student Council said. The longtime sponsor added that it is especially important “to many residents who do not have any family.”

img_5906

“As people grow older,” Jerden said, “the amount of care they require sometimes increases, and not all of the residents have people in their lives readily available to take care of them.”

“We’ve been told it means a lot to them,” Gump said.

The next visit to Criss Manor is undecided, but it will probably be well received by the residents again.