Thumbs Up and Down…

Thumbs up to LCHS for giving students the opportunity to take a variety of college and AP classes.  Students could earn up to 51 hours of college credit for a reduced tuition rate.

Thumbs up to the choir program.  Mrs. Tina Norman, and crew, are doing an amazing job.  They have represented our school in tip-top fashion.  They have performed at the Governor’s Mansion, Wesleyan, and WVU.  They even earned recognition to attend an event featuring a Grammy Award-winning musician, Eric Whitacre.  A special shout-out for their efforts at the last home ball games.

Thumbs up to the Varsity Boys’ Basketball team for making it to both the Sectional and Regional Championships.  We are proud of you!  Congratulations for another winning season.

Thumbs up to the return of the War Zone.  We are glad our students joined forces to support our student athletes. Thanks for being vocal, funny, and supportive.

Thumbs up to JROTC Cadets.  They are a staple in our school and community environment. They help with everything from the Our Neighbor canned food drive to the Salvation Army Angel Tree to presenting the Colors at home events.

Thumbs down to a small Spring Break.  Mother Nature brought snow and cold late in the Winter, and now we are stuck going to school during most of our spring break.

Thumbs up to the LCHS wrestling team for yet, another, state tournament appearance.  Congratulations!

Thumbs up to the Girls’ Day at the Legislature.  Timing was our our side as the 25 girls in attendance had a chance to page as well as watch the House and Senate.  They also had time to meet with Del. Peggy Donaldson Smith.

Thumbs down that the girls’ basketball sectional tournament and wrestling state tournament came and went without much ado due to the snowstorms and electric outages.  We are sorry there wasn’t a lot of hype about your post season. We are very proud of both teams.

Thumbs up to Mrs. Carrie Davis for being so accommodating with our technological needs.

Thumbs up to the new technology installed and coming to LCHS.  It is nice our students will have technology tools in the classroom.

Thumbs down to the internet service in outer areas of our county.  Many of our students have homework and projects which rely on internet, and many of our rural students rely on satellite.  Satellite, though better than dial-up, is expensive and slow.

Thumbs up to Student Council and Honor Society members for organizing yet another Mr. Shamrock and Miss Lass Pageant.

Thumbs up to the LCHS students who generated more than $1 per student and staff member for Jack Rollins last month.  The money was deposited into a special account for Jack’s medical expenses. Way to go, LCHS.