Fall Throughout the Halls

Emily Lybarger/Makayla Ferguson, Staff Editors

Fall projects have filled the LCHS hallways.

Students and teachers have created “wonderful pieces of creativity,” Mrs. Christana Lybarger, health teacher, said. “I love seeing so many beautiful projects in our hallways.”

Spanish students celebrated the Spanish holiday, Día de los Muertos or Day of the Dead, November 2 by creating a traditional altar of offerings, known as an “ofrenda.” Students brought photos, candles, excerpts, crafts and flowers for display.

“This was a great activity for the kids to learn the process of building an ofrenda. I enjoyed watching the students get into the spirit of involving themselves in another culture,” Mrs. Brianna Kinder, Spanish teacher, said.

Some students also participated in bringing customary dishes served at a traditional celebration of Día de los Muertos.

“The celebration of  Día de los Muertos was a great opportunity for students to honor and celebrate the lives of their loved ones who have passed. They had the opportunity to immerse themselves in another culture,” Ms. Hannah Breen, Spanish teacher, said.

Mrs. Debbie Gump’s history students participated in the “Historical Pumpkin Project.” Students were to research one leader in American government and paint their chosen individual on a pumpkin.

“This was a great opportunity for students to learn about a particular person who has influenced our government. It was fun watching the students engage this activity and express their creativity,” Gump said.