Cheerleaders Win AAA Region II; Set to Return to State Tourney Dec. 12

First Team in LCHS History to Capture Back-to-Back State Titles

Melissa Riley

A picture is worth a thousand words… LCHS Cheerleaders and Coaches Beth Nichols (L) and Tiffany Litton (R) hear “The Minutemen of Lewis County” announced as AAA Region II Champs

Lewis Wins!
Photo by Melissa Riley
Lewis Wins!
Two Time Region II Champs: LCHS Cheerleaders and Coaches take a moment and pose for the camera minutes after being announced AAA Region II Champs.
Photo by Melissa Riley

Another LCHS record is broken.

For the first time in LCHS history, a team captured back-to-back regional titles.

LCHS Cheerleaders won AAA Region II in what many fans say is one of the toughest regions in the state Nov. 7 at Hedgesville High School.

Jefferson High School narrowly edged Mussleman High School for the runner-up.  Both Lewis and Jefferson advance to the

AAA West Virginia State Cheerleading Tournament Sat., Dec. 12 at the Charleston Civic Center.

Their competition routine features a combination of cheer and dance routine.  Both components feature high levels of difficulty including jumps, motions, gymnastics and builds.  This year’s routine features one-man builds as well as high intensity gymnastics throughout the routine.

The team consists of returning lettermen and a strong group of seniors who have Regional, State and Big 10 experience.  Last year, the team won Regionals, finished runner-up in the Big 1o, and finished fourth in AAA WV State Cheerleading Tournament.

Members of the LCHS 2015 Competition Cheerleading Squad.
Photo Courtesy of LCHS Cheer Boosters

The cheerleaders started practice in August with conditioning and practice.  They are under the leadership of veteran coaches Beth Nichols and Tiffany Litton.

Lewis Cheerleaders head to Regional Championships Nov. 6. They are pictured at "The Cut" enroute to Hedgesville High School.
Photo Courtesy of LCHS Cheer Boosters
Lewis Cheerleaders head to Regional Championships Nov. 6. They are pictured at “The Cut” enroute to Hedgesville High School.